Ways to Register for Programs
Online: Online registration will begin on the program’s indicated registration date. Log onto the Town’s website at www.enfield-ct.gov/recreation and click on the “Online Program Registration” button on the Recreation homepage. Online registration is on a first come, first served basis and accepts credit card payment via Visa, MasterCard or Discover Card. Visit the website anytime to create an online account. Please print a receipt when registering online. No further notification will be sent.
PLEASE NOTE: WE HAVE A NEW ONLINE REGISTRATION SYSTEM. EVERYONE MUST CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT.
Walk-in: Registrations will be accepted at the Recreation Office beginning on the program’s indicated registration date. Walk-in registrations will be processed on a first come, first served basis. Cash, check or money order will be accepted as forms of payment. Proof of residency is required.
Mail-in: Registrations will be processed on a random basis as time permits beginning on the program’s indicated registration date. Incomplete registration forms will NOT be processed until all items are received. The Enfield Recreation Department is NOT responsible for lost or untimely mail delivery. Please follow the directions below for mail-in registrations:
- Complete the registration form.
- Include a separate check for each program payable to “Enfield Recreation Department” unless otherwise noted in the description.
- Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope or email address so we may send you a confirmation.
- Include a photocopy of proof of residency. Acceptable forms of ID are: valid driver’s license, tax bill, utility bill or renter’s/homeowner’s agreement. For our complete residency policy, please visit our website or contact the Recreation Office. Please note that checks are not considered proof of residency.
- Mail the registration form, check(s) or money order(s), self-addressed, stamped envelope and proof of residency to the Recreation Office located at 124 North Maple Street, Enfield, CT 06082.
- If you have not received your confirmation within 10 business days of the program’s registration start date, please contact the Recreation Office.
Registration of Minors
The parent or legal guardian must register their child. We will not accept notes allowing friends, grandparents, etc. to register a child. A parent’s or legal guardian’s signature is required for all children’s programs.
The Recreation Department welcomes persons with disabilities in all programs and services. Please call our office two weeks prior to the program start date so that we will know how to best serve you.
Instructors need a child’s full attention for them to benefit from a class. Policy as to if parents are allowed to stay in the classroom/pool area are established on a program-by-program basis. Please inquire about each class BEFORE you register your child if you have a concern.
The Recreation Department observes a residency policy. For complete policy information, visit the Town’s website or call the Recreation Office.
Cancellations & Postponements
WEATHER: Cancellations and postponements will be announced on “WFSB” Channel 3 and on the Recreation Department recording at 860.253.6420.
LOW ENROLLMENT: The Department reserves the right to set a maximum for each program and to cancel any program due to low enrollment.
Withdrawals & Refunds
If you would like to request withdrawal from a program, you must fill out a withdrawal request form and submit it to the Recreation Department as soon as possible with any pertinent documentation attached.
Due to limited space in our programs, refunds are not given unless for a medical reason, upon receipt of a doctor’s note, one week prior to the program’s start. Once a program has begun, no refunds are given unless there is a case of a medical emergency with submission of a doctor’s note. Extenuating circumstances, which are not medical in nature, will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and are subject to if we can fill your spot in the program. Refunds will not be given for any reason for sessions which have already been completed prior to the Recreation office receiving a refund request.
A 10% processing fee will be charged on all refunds or program transfers regardless of reason. Withdrawal request forms may be found on the Town’s website and at the Recreation office. Your request will be processed in 7 - 10 business days.